At Codelation, we turn standout ideas into outstanding startups. Headquartered in Fargo, ND, we are a rapidly growing company that loves to partner with entrepreneurs when they’re ready to take a product concept and turn it into a business people can’t live without.
Also, we’re super nerds who love building cool tech that makes a difference for our clients’ business and the people they serve.
We are working at maximum speed as our company continues to see huge growth in client acquisition and retention. As a result, we’ve found ourselves in need of a Business Analyst who can take the lead in gathering, organizing, reporting and training high-level leaders in business processes that will take their companies to the next level. In addition, the Business Analyst at Codelation will have a strong background in sales and customer service.
The ideal candidate will be at the head of the table when it comes to helping our clients grow and succeed. You’ll bridge the gap between our dev teams and our clients so everyone is speaking the same language, and understands where we are in the life cycle of a project. Part technical analyst, part client whisperer, you are a wooer and a wave-maker. This position would work very closely with the development team.
We believe that those in positions of leadership in our customers’ companies are there for a reason. We work hard to empower these leaders and their teams to make the best possible decisions to advance their business goals. This means we are stewards of their resources, communicate well, and are zealous for their success. It also means that we present fact-based, data-driven, timely information to help them make the best possible choices for the direction of their custom solution and their business.
Codelation’s SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) management and discovery processes are second to none. The first few steps in our process revolve around our client interview approach and our ability to gather and communicate effectively the business requirements between the development team and the customer. The business analyst plays an integral part in this step.
The goals are:
- To advance our reputation with our customers and in the market that we make custom software development process a highly predictable, highly successful endeavor
- To eliminate or greatly diminish surprises in delivery
- To significantly reduce the time/effort required to produce quality software deliverables
- To accurately predict and gather requirements for future phases
- To make projects generally easier and more enjoyable for all team members
- To ensure the development team and the supporting SDLC roles are able to thoroughly understand and execute upon the requirements
- Research, organize and analyze systems that need to be built or improved
- Analyze business domain, documents and the processes relevant to the business and project at hand
- Outline business requirements via user stories, personas and roles
- Gather client requirements and effectively communicate these to the development team and clients in a timely manner in an understandable format to match a final custom solution software product with the expected business value
- Have an understanding of Agile methodologies while working closely with the Codelation team on evolving processes
- Analyze and recommend technical solutions
- Create comprehensive reports that address the problem, explain the solution and how to get there
- Work with dev teams to see glitches in processes or product development and identify risks and mitigations
- Train employees and clients when rolling out new processes
- Express proficient research abilities with logical thinking and presentation skills
- Ability to make sound judgements while guiding the client and development team through varied business and technical subjects
The Business Analyst position is a full-time, onsite or remote career located at our headquarters in Fargo, ND.
- 3+ years of experience with a proven track record as a Business Analyst or related role
- Superior communication, analytical, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Deep understanding of IT processes and SDLC
- Ability to understand highly technical information and distill it down for clearer client understanding
- Passion for closing sales, expanding core services and teaching others
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business or related field
- Experience managing people
- Appreciation for nerds and all they do for humanity
Our team of web and app builders, testers, marketers and startup consultants collaborate to design, build, test and grow web apps and products for startups of all sizes around the world. We love big ideas, but we bow to the Minimum Viable Product process.
If you enjoy discovering the next dreamers and idea-makers who are ready to build transformative new products, services and technologies, you would love being a Business Analyst at Codelation. Using strategy, creativity, discipline, collaboration and fun, this could be an amazing thing we get to do together!
- Up to a 3% Simple IRA match
- $250/mo paid towards any Codelation health plan
- Open Vacation and sick leave plan
- Company provided Macbook Pro and related hardware
Codelation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, national origin, genetics, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.