Software Engineer II
Who We Are
At Codelation, we turn standout ideas into outstanding startups. Headquartered in Fargo, ND, we are a rapidly growing company that loves to partner with entrepreneurs when they’re ready to take a product concept and turn it into a business people can’t live without.
Also, we’re super nerds who love building cool tech that makes a difference for our clients’ business and the people they serve.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who is comfortable adapting to new challenges and enjoys innovating new ways to solve problems and create efficiencies.
As a Codelation Software Engineer II you will also work with the sales and marketing to help understand the needs of our clients and what problems they are trying to solve. As a lead member of the software engineer team, the right candidate will help coach and develop the skills and talents of our junior and mid-level software engineers.
- 5+ years of rapid web development and proven experience using modern MVC frameworks
- Enthusiasm for creating MVPs and helping clients scale their ideas
- High level of comfort with multiple programming languages and data storage systems
- Ability to understand and debug large and complex code bases
- Experience with CI/CD configuration and setup
- Experience developing and using APIs
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Comfortable mentoring and coaching team members when appropriate
- Adaptable to change in a rapidly-moving work environment
This position is a full-time, preferred onsite located at our headquarters in Fargo, ND.
- Experience building real-time web applications
- Deployment experience with AWS and Heroku
- Experience with GitHub flow
We mostly use Ruby/Rails, React.js, and store data in Postgres. Experience in our day-to-day toolset is a plus but is, by no means, a requirement. Other nice-to-haves:
Our team of web and app builders, testers, marketers and startup consultants collaborate to design, build, test and grow web apps and products for startups of all sizes around the world. We love big ideas, but we bow to the Minimum Viable Product process.
If you enjoy transforming concepts into functional products using creativity, discipline, collaboration and fun, this could be an amazing thing we get to do together!
- Up to a 3% Simple IRA match
- $200 paid monthly towards any health plan
- Paid dental and vision
- Open PTO
- Company provided Macbook Pro and related hardware
Codelation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, national origin, genetics, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.