Who We Are
At Codelation, we turn standout ideas into outstanding startups. Headquartered in Fargo, ND, we are a rapidly growing company that loves to partner with entrepreneurs when they’re ready to take a product concept and turn it into a business people can’t live without.
Also, we’re super nerds who love building cool tech that makes a difference for our clients’ business and the people they serve.
Now Hiring: UI/UX Designer
We are as serious about building customer loyalty as we are about the correct sequence for watching Star Wars (chronological, duh!), which is why we’re on the lookout for a UI/UX Designer who knows how to create, maintain, test and improve exceptional customer experiences for our clients and partners.
Our next UI/UX super nerd will also be deeply interested in human behavior in order to optimize the architecture of the user experience. The perfect fit also understands how to build interfaces based on both the expected and surprising ways users interact with a product or service. In other words, the ideal candidate knows the basics, can predict behaviors based on research, and pivot when things get a little less predictable.
- Design user flows and wireframes based on business requirements, the voice of the customer, journeys, feedback and usability studies
- Build personas in collaboration with the Creative and Marketing teams
- Create and iterate user flows, prototypes and wireframes
- Test product experience prior to launch and adjust architecture as needed
- Collect, research, evaluate and test user experience requirements
- Improve current designs by testing for intuitiveness and engagement
This position is a full-time, onsite career located at our headquarters in Fargo, ND.
- 1+ years experience in a UI/UX Designer role (startup experience a plus)
- Exceptional portfolio that shows outstanding depth and breadth of creativity and technical skills
- Experience using Material.io, AdobeXD, in addition to Adobe Creative Suite; HTML and CSS are a major plus
- A belief that all things must be tested before being deployed
- Knowledge of Agile processes and workflows
- Ability to collaborate and work with others both in-person and remotely
Experience in our day-to-day toolset is a plus but is, by no means, a requirement. Other nice-to-haves:
Our team of web and app builders, testers, marketers and startup consultants collaborate to design, build, test and grow web apps and products for startups of all sizes around the world. We love big ideas, but we bow to the Minimum Viable Product process.
If you enjoy transforming concepts into functional products using creativity, discipline, collaboration and fun, this could be an amazing thing we get to do together!
- Up to a 3% Simple IRA match
- $200 paid monthly towards any health plan
- Paid dental and vision
- Open PTO
- Company provided Macbook Pro and related hardware
Codelation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, national origin, genetics, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.