Our approach works.
We specialize our methodology to best suit you and your needs. We're proud of what we do, and we want you to be sure that our process is aligned with how you like to work.
“We solve problems through the creation of custom software application while expressing excellence in all we do and fostering a craftsmanship culture.”
- Laura Backhaus, President
- Web apps
- Mobile apps
- HIPAA Compliant apps
First things first, when working with us you'll go through the following process below to start your project.
1. Solutions and Values AnalysisFirst, you'll sit down with a Business Analyst to gather product solutions and establish custom solution values.
2. Wireframing (First Iteration)Our design team will get straight to work to transform those initial requirements into several high-level mockups.
3. Define Minimum Viable Product (MVP)Our team will then review requirements and prioritize the minimum viable product (MVP) 4-5 days after the discovery kickoff.
4. Prioritize BacklogDon't worry! All remaining scope that did not make the MVP will be our future product backlog.
5. Finalize and Present Wireframes (Second Iteration)After completing those previous steps, you and your stakeholders will sit down with our whole team to review high-level mockups.
6. Define Project OptionsCodelation takes all requirements, expected schedule, and ballpark budget internally to form 1-3 project options to form specialized recommendation and estimate options for you.
7. Make RecommendationCodelation will present and review recommendations with you.
8. Develop a High-Level RoadmapOnce you've decided on the option that works best for you, we will develop a project roadmap for that recommendation.
9. Finalize DecisionAlmost there! We set another meeting with you and your stakeholders to finalize the project option. If everything looks in order, then you'll sign a Statement of Work and we'll get to work!
We are excited to provide software development services for your business. Let's get started!
The Next Steps
After the discovery process, we make sure our clients are prepared to become an active partner within the project's lifespan.
1. DAILY SCRUM MEETING
We dive right into the deep end to find and refine the solutions you’re trying to solve, but we need you there to do it! We work closely with our clients and meet every weekday for roughly 15 minutes. These meetings are to keep you informed and to keep our team as productive as possible.
2. REQUIREMENTS & DESIGN
Outside of scrum, our team will continue building out requirements for each aspect of your project. Designers will use these requirements to create detailed prototypes for both our developers and for you to view and critique as the project develops.
3. PRODUCT BACKLOG PRIORITIZATION
As your project grows, so will your backlog. A project manager will closely analyze and organize the state of your project backlog to prioritize where our resources need to be.
4. DEFINE MINIMUM VIABLE PRODUCT (MVP)
We are consistent in defining an MVP because of our detailed discovery process. Our team values the MVP above all else and is consistent in helping our partners achieve this goal. We revisit the MVP constantly throughout a project to confirm we are on the right track!
Every 2-4 weeks, our team will complete tasks across your project. We prioritize these tasks into digestible sections called Sprints. Depending on the overall state of your project, we will have a longer meeting to discuss what tasks will be completed in the upcoming Sprint.
6. SOFTWARE DEMONSTRATIONS
After you approve the designs, the developers will be hard at work making them a reality. Our developers work fast, and when the time is right, we will have additional meetings to showcase the progress of your product.